We welcome students from Ecuador!
If you are graduating from High School with the qualification of Bachillerato you will need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the International Study Centre website.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see our individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Ecuadorian university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree (Grado) with a minimum average of 75/100 or 7.5/10 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree (depending on the subject you wish to study).
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree (Grado) from a recognised Ecuadorian university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum average of 75/100 or 7.5/10 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Please see details of our English language requirements.
Scholarships and funding opportunities
The University of Leicester offers a number of scholarships for new international students. You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations.
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- We have a limited number of University of Leicester Santander Scholarships from Banco Santander.
- The Secretaría Nacional de Educación Superior, Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación (SENESCYT) offers scholarships for Masters and PhD studies abroad. The University of Leicester appears on SENESCYT's Convocatoria Abierta 2015 for Ciencias Naturales, Matemáticas y Estadísticas and for Arte.
- The Instituto de Fomento al Talento Humano provides loans to support Ecuadorian students for studies overseas.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.