We welcome students from Chile!
If you have completed the Licencia de Educación Media you will need to take a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the .
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Chilean university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelor's degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree (Licenciatura) with a minimum average of 4.6-5.0/7.0 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree (depending on the subject you wish to study).
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree (Licenciatura) from a recognised Chilean university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum average of 4.6/7.0 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- We have a limited number of University of Leicester Santander Scholarships from Banco Santander. These are worth up to £5,000 and are available for all one-year, full-time taught Masters degrees.
- CONICYT-Becas Chile: Becas Chile offer scholarships for postgraduate studies overseas. The University of Leicester has an agreement with CONICYT to fund Chilean students for campus-based Masters degrees in TESOL; Applied Linguistics and TESOL; and International Education. This includes up to six weeks of free English language training before your degree, if you need to improve your English. For further information, please see the CONICYT website (Prof. de la Educacion) or contact Caroline Berry in the International Office.
- Grupo Santander Créditos de Estudio: Santander Bank offers loans for postgraduate studies abroad.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present