We welcome students from the Caribbean!
The information below is about our full-time, campus-based degrees. If you are searching for a distance learning course, please see our distance learning course pages.
If you do not meet the requirements for entry to a Bachelors degree you will need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the .
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying for Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) then you can apply for entry to an undergraduate degree. A typical offer would be passes in three 2-unit CAPE subjects with grades I, II, II (depending on the subject you wish to study).
- If you are studying A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold an upper second class honours Bachelors degree from a recognised university you will be considered for entry to a Master’s degree.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have an upper second class honours undergraduate (Bachelors) degree from a recognised university, usually in a related subject area (depending on the subject you wish to study).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English Language Requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
The University of Leicester offers a limited number of scholarships for new international students. You should also check in your own country/region whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government, or other organisations.
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- There are Commonwealth Shared Scholarships available for some Masters degrees.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present
Agents and Representatives
The University of Leicester works with an agent in the Caribbean. For information about our agents, please contact the International Office.