We welcome students from Brazil!
If you have completed the Certificado de Ensino Médio you will need to take a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Brazilian university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree (Bacharel or Licenciado), with a minimum average of 7.5/10.0, you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree (Bacharel or Licenciado) from a recognised Brazilian university, with a minimum average of 7.5/10.0 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
- The Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq) and the Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES) provide funding for PhD studies overseas.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
- The University of Leicester has been selected as one of 70 UK universities participating in the Ciência sem Fronteiras UK scheme which enables Brazilian students to receive scholarships for PhDs and 'Sandwich PhDs' abroad starting in academic year 2016/17.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present