We welcome students from Cyprus!flag of Cyprus

Entry requirements

Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree

  • If you have completed (or will complete) the Apolytirion you will typically need 18.5 to begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree, and for some courses you may need significantly higher grades.
  • If you are studying the International Baccalaureate, or three or more A-Levels (instead of the Apolytirion), then please see individual course pages for entry requirements.

For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.

Postgraduate (Masters) degrees

If you hold a four-year Bachelors degree from a recognised university in Cyprus or Greece you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree. You should normally have a GPA of at least 6.5-7.0.

For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages

PhDs and other research degrees

To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Cyprus or Greece, usually in a related subject area, with a GPA of at least 6.5-7.0 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).

You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.

Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.

English Language requirements

Please see details of our English language requirements.

Scholarships and funding opportunities

Because Cyprus is part of the European Union, for funding purposes you will be a 'UK/EU student' rather than an 'international student'. 



  • Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.

You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations. 

Visits to your country

No visits planned at present.

Agents and Representatives

The University of Leicester works with an agent in Cyprus. For further details, please contact the International Office.

Student Societies

Other sources of information