We welcome students from Thailand!
If you have graduated from High School with the Thai Certificate of Secondary Education you will need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the .
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Thai university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree with an approximate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) from a recognised Thai university you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree from a recognised Thai university, usually in a related subject area, with an approximate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
The University of Leicester offers a number of scholarships for new international students. You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations.
- The College of Science and Engineering provides partial undergraduate scholarships to Thai students achieving good marks in their previous study. You will receive up to 28% discount on tuition fees for a full-time, undergraduate (Bachelors) laboratory-based degree.
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship: As a permanent resident of Thailand you can receive up to 28% discount on the tuition fee for a full-time, taught postgraduate (Masters) laboratory-based degree if you meet or exceed the academic conditions of your offer. For a non-lab-based course, you will automatically receive a 10% discount on your tuition fee if you meet or exceed the academic conditions of your offer.
- The Department of Law provide partial scholarships for Thai students achieving good marks in their previous study. These scholarships are worth either £1,500 or £2,000. Please contact the South East Asia Team for more information.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
Visits to your country
12-13 November 2016
OCSC International Education Expo
Royal Paragon Hall
Agents and Representatives
The University of Leicester works with several agents in Thailand. For information about the agents with whom we work, please contact our South East Asia team in the International Office.