Postgraduate Scholarships for students from Sri Lanka
College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship
As a permanent resident of Sri Lanka, you can receive up to 28% discount on the tuition fee for a full-time, taught postgraduate (Masters) laboratory-based degree in a science or engineering subject (in one of these Departments: Chemistry, Geography, Engineering, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy).
- If you meet our entry requirements, you will be offered our entry scholarship.
- If you exceed our entry requirements, you may be offered our merit scholarship.
2016-17 tuition fee (for laboratory-based courses)
- Standard international fee: £17,465
- Fee with entry scholarship: £13,623
- Fee with merit scholarship: £12,575
This is the fee for the whole course. This enhanced discount is offered instead of the 10% discount which constitutes the regular College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship.
For non-lab-based courses, you will automatically receive a 10% discount on your tuition fee if you meet or exceed the academic conditions of your offer.
- You must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee, excluding components for ‘with industry’ degrees.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2016.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
For more information, please contact the University of Leicester International Office:firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)116 252 2296
International Office website