Safety in our centres
As we begin reopening our facilities, the safety of our members and staff is our number one priority. We have introduced new procedures to help minimise risk and keep everyone safe.
- Pre-bookings will be required for both the gym and the pool. Bookings can be made online, or by ringing our reception team (0116 223 1500).
- If it's your first time of using the booking website, you will need your membership number. This can found on your application form or any receipts you may have received from us.
- If you can't find your membership number please call either the Roger Bettles Sport Centre (0116 223 1500) or the Danielle Brown Sport Centre (0116 252 3118) and our staff will be happy to help.
- Each gym and swim session will be a maximum of 1 hour long, with a 15 minute gap in the gym and a 30 minute gap in the pool to allow for cleaning and de-sanitisation.
- Only 1 booking per member, per day is to be made.
- Please make every effort to attend every booking you make. Should you be unable to make a booking, simply give us a call or cancel your booking online.
Social distancing and ensuring everyone keeps a safe distance
- There will be clear signage and one-way systems showing where to enter and exit each space.
- Floor stickers have been laid down to help members practice social distancing.
- The number of people in certain areas of the facility at any one time has been reduced to minimise congestion and ensure members and staff can practice social distancing.
- There is increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Fitness spaces have been rearranged to ensure members can workout at a safe distance.
- Changing facilities will only be available to those visiting the pool. We kindly ask that you visit "gym ready".
Redifined cleaning standards
- There will be a continuous schedule for disinfection of high-touch surfaces, facilities and equipment throughout the facility.
- Our staff will be fully trained on our new cleaning and safety measures to ensure these are delivered to the highest standards.
- Hand-sanitising station, equipment sanitiser and disinfectant sprays will be conveniently located throughout the facility.
- All surfaces and high touch areas will be cleaned and then sanitised in between each session. This two-step cleaning approach, in line with UKActive guidelines, will ensure all areas are rigorously cleaned.
- Blue paper towels will be used to ensure the highest cleaning standards and reduce the risk of infection.
We will be continuously monitoring all of our health and safety policies to ensure we are doing the best we can to help protect our members and staff. Please note that guidance is subject to change as we adapt to a new way of working and government guidelines and updates.
What can you do to protect yourself and others?
Each of us will play an important role in making our facilities a safe experience for us all. While enjoying our facilities, please help support a safe, phased reopening of our facilities by following these guidelines;
- Bookings will be required for all activities. Bookings should be made in advance.
- Please only enter the building at the start of your booking and leave as soon as your session is over, staff will assist you in both of these circumstances.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Please practice social distancing at all times.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands before and after a workout.
- Please bring your own gym mat if you wish to use one in the gym or in a class.
- Please bring your own water or use our vending machines for refreshments.