ESA Business Incubation Centre
The University of Leicester is one of four locations in the UK to host ESA-BIC. We deliver our ESA-BIC on behalf of ESA through the Science & Technology Facilities Council, who have been running a successful BIC in the UK since 2011. The ESA-BIC provides the support and funding for start-up companies to gain a competitive advantage in the Space sector.
Applications to join a UK ESA-BIC is available 3 times a calendar year. The next application round has a deadline of 23rd September 2020. If you are interested in joining the Leicester BIC, please email email@example.com.
Benefits of the Leicester ESA-BIC
Successful applicants to the ESA-BIC at Leicester will receive a tailored business incubation package:
- Business coaching, technical support from academics, IPR and legal advice and access to office space either at the Leicester Innovation Hub or Space Park Leicester (from Q2 2021):
- Business coaching will be delivered by Leicester Innovation Hub and the Business School.
- Technical Support will be supplied by academic staff in our Space science and Earth Observation disciplines at the University.
- IPR / Legal Advice will be delivered by a Senior Commercialisation Officer.
- Office facilities: state of the art co-working space will be available to incubatee companies at reduced rates.
- Incentive payments: factored into the tailored incubation package will be three payments totalling €50,000 to the company. There are rules governing the expenditure.