ESA Business Incubation Centre
The ESA BIC (European Space Agency – Business Incubation Centre) UK at Leicester is a route for SMEs to develop technologies for the Space Industry. Applicants can be from those in the Space sector or those considering new products and services for the sector.
You’ll receive a programme of technical support from the University of Leicester’s leading-edge Space and Earth Observation scientists and business support from our Entrepreneurs in residence. This guidance will provide assistance over 12 or 24 months to help you get your product or service ready for market.
Your company will be required to rent a desk at the state-of-the-art ESA BIC co-working office at Space Park Leicester once it opens in July 2021.
The summary of support available:
- Up to 80 hours of Business coaching during the incubation period from Innovation Advisers and Entrepreneurs in Residence. 50 hours of technical support is available from University Space and Earth Observation scientists
- 10 hours of Intellectual Property Rights advice
- Access to state of the are co-working space at Space Park Leicester from Autumn 21
- 3 Incentive grant payments: factored into the tailored incubation package will be three payments totalling Euros 50,000 (£43,103 fixed exchange rate) to the company over the period of the incubation. This does not have to be paid back but must be spent on eligible costs.
Find out more:
Entry to ESA BIC UK at Leicester is through a competitive tender process. If you meet eligibility criteria, the application process is open 3 times per calendar year at the following set deadlines:
- Thursday 25 February 2021
- Thursday 20 May 2021
- Thursday 16 September 2021
Support is available in some circumstances to develop the application (production of a Business Plan, Incubation Proposal and other supporting documents).
Contact us to find out more.