Help to Grow: Management Course
Welcome to Help to Grow: Management with the University of Leicester School of Business. We would love to hear from you if you would like to discuss the course and how it can benefit you and your business.
The Help to Grow: Management course is a unique opportunity for professional growth, business development and collaborative learning delivering £7500 of fully-funded training.
Whether you are new to management or have significant experience, the course provides practical, real-world support enabling you to optimise your business.
Developed by subject specialists and industry experts across the UK and delivered by highly qualified academics, facilitators and business mentors, the course brings SME decision makers together to deliver business efficiency and growth with a focus on productivity, sustainability and resilience.
Delivered by Small Business Charter accredited business schools, Help to Grow: Management is delivered over 12 weeks (4-5 hours a week) combining the flexibility of online sessions with the benefits of four face-to-face case study workshops.Register now
Key benefits to you and your business
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Improve operational efficiency to save time and money
- Learn how to innovate, lead change and optimise your business model
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into new markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
- Build business resilience and agility
- Network and learn alongside business leaders from a range of different sectors
- Develop a Growth Action Plan to drive your business forward
The course covers key areas of leadership including:
- Strategy and innovation
- Growing national and international markets
- Leading for high performance
- Building vision and brand
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Creating customer value
- Adopting digital technology
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Financial management
- 8 two-hour webinars
- 4 half-day face-to-face case study workshops*
- 1-1 mentoring providing tailored support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer groups calls that allow you to share your experiences and build networks with fellow business leaders
- 24-hour access to online course materials
- Access to the Help to Grow: Management alumni programme and networking events
* All aspects of the course are delivered flexibly online with the exception of the four case study workshops.
Help to Grow: Management is for managers and business owners involved in shaping the direction of small or medium-sized businesses (SMEs) with 5-249 employees. The business must be UK-based and have been in operation for at least one year. The course is not currently available to charities.
For businesses with 5-9 employees one person is eligible to join the course whereas for businesses with 10-249 employees, up to two people can benefit. Participants should have line management responsibility for at least one other person.
Start dates and registration
The University of Leicester School of Business is delivering the course in both the East Midlands and East of England. Please click on your preferred start date below to review the full course schedule and register.
East of England
|Face-to-face sessions will take place at the University of Leicester School of Business||Face-to-face sessions will take place in Cambridge.|
To guarantee your place we recommend registering at least two weeks before the start date, however, we will accommodate later registrations whenever possible.
Please note that start dates are available every 2-3 months. If you would like to be notified once new start dates are published please sign up for updates.
The course cost of £7,500 is 90% government-funded and 10% funded through a business support bursary provided by the University of Leicester School of Business.
- Register now - click on your preferred start date above to secure your place on the course
- Read our Help to Grow Management course brochure
- Take a look at feedback from participants who have recently completed the course
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0116 252 2167 or book in a call back to find out more
- We'd love you to join one of our taster sessions to find out more about the course and what it can do for your business
You may also be interested in other business services provided by the University of Leicester School of Business and can review our business services brochure through this link.