The Institute has three dominant funding mechanisms: a fellowship programme (forthcoming), a pump-priming for new interdisciplinary networks and 'tiger teams'. Three networks are currently supported by LIAS. Each of these will:
- Develop innovative solutions to some of the most pressing societal and global challenges.
- Build on some of our well-established research strengths, through the development of interdisciplinary teams focusing on core challenges.
- Tiger teams, offering small groups of interdisciplinary collaborators £5,000 over short term periods to seed new work, explore new partnerships and methodologies.
- Networks, offering groups within and beyond the University up to £30,000 for two years to establish new networks of interdisciplinary scholars.
- Fellowships, bringing outstanding scholars to Leicester.