The Leicester Institute for Advanced Studies Fellowship programme is one of our core areas of activity, enabling our researchers to build interdisciplinary collaborations with scholars from the UK and beyond.
LIAS Rutherford Fellows
The Leicester Institute for Advanced Studies Rutherford Fund Fellowship Scheme supports global interdisciplinary research. The scheme is funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and administered by Universities UK International. Drawing on expertise from across disciplines, our Rutherford Fellows will all contribute to the overarching theme of Resilient, Inclusive and Sustainable Cities.
This particular opportunity encourages collaborations between Fellows and academics from across Leicester’s three colleges in tackling global urban challenges and empowering cities to drive change. The Rutherford Fellows will launch their research projects with an initial event focussing on Sustainable Cities, hosted by Professor Paul van Gardingen.
- Dr Amollo Ambole, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Dr Edris Alam, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Dr Batbuyan Batjav, Centre for Nomadic Pastoralism Studies, Mongolia
- Dr Dhiren Borisa, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India
- Dr Laura Lotero, Pontifical Bolivarian University, Colombia
- Dr Christopher Munyati, North-West University, South Africa
LIAS Fellowship Alumni
- Professor Paula Morgan, University of the West Indies, Saint Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
- Professor Grace Wamue-Ngare, Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Dr Sadiyya Haffejee, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Ways to engage with the LIAS Fellows
- Contact them at their Leicester email addresses
- Keep an eye on the LIAS events page for seminars, symposia and workshops led by our Fellows and their Hosts
- Join us at 10.00am on Tuesdays and Fridays for coffee at 128 Regent Road
- Sign up for the LIAS e-zine, by emailing email@example.com
- ‘Meet the Fellows’ over scheduled lunches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.