Teacher event booking privacy notice for teachers and care workers
The Widening Participation Team and Student Recruitment team are part of the University of Leicester. The University of Leicester is the Data Controller for your information.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information
What information are you collecting?
The information stored and processed by the Widening Participation team for booking a Campus Visit or Summer School may include any of the following:
- Identifying details (including your name / staff attending)
- Contact details (including your work address, email address, mobile/telephone numbers, School/college/employer)
- Communications sent to you by the Widening Participation team or received from you
- Activities or events your learners have taken part in (including campus visits, open days, summer schools etc)
- Number of learners who have special needs relating to mobility and access, sensory impairment or special learning needs and the anonymous details of these requirements.
- Number of learners who meet Widening Participation criteria and the anonymous details of these criteria (Free School Meal/Pupil Premium/educational bursary eligibility, Widening Participation cohort inclusion, ethnicity, disability, Looked after Children, Estranged, Independent Living Young Adult Career and Refugee status, and POLAR3 quintile data from postcode)
- We will ask the parents/carers of the learners (pre-16) or the individual learners themselves (post-16) to provide us with additional information. Please see Widening Participation team privacy notice – individual learners for more details.
- We will also ask accompanying teachers/care workers to provide us with additional information. Please see ‘Widening Participation Team Privacy Notice – Individual Learners’ for more details.
Why are you collecting my data?
If you are bringing a group of learners from your school/college/institution to a University campus visit or Summer School you will be asked to complete a booking form. This information allows us to comply with our Safeguarding Policy to keep your learners safe.
How will you use this data?
The data collected by the Widening Participation team will be used to ensure that you and the learners you bring to the University are safe during the Campus Visit or Summer School in line with the University’s Safeguarding Policy.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your data will be processed under the legal basis below:
If you are sharing my data with others, who are you sharing it with?
Your data is held in one place by the Widening Participation team in a password protected file which is controlled to make sure that only those people that need to see it have access to it.
We do not share your data with anyone outside of the Widening Participation team unless in a Safeguarding situation.
We do not share your data outside of the EEA.
How long we will process your data for?
- Campus visits – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
- Summer Schools booking data – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
- Summer School attendee data – Please see Widening Participation Team Privacy Notice – Individual Learners for more details.
What are your rights and how to enforce them?
Please find below the rights you have regarding the data that you have provided:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to data portability
How do I complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted on:
- Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
- 0303 123 1113
- ICO website