AccessLeicester: Maths - Levelling up
Information you need to know
The Future Students Office is part of the University of Leicester. Find further information on the institution. The University of Leicester is the Data Controller for your information.
The Data Protection Officer is:
- Elisabeth Taoudi, Data Protection Officer and Commercial Lawyer
- University Of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH
- +44 (0)116 229 7640
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
What information are we collecting?
- Your name, date of birth, gender
- Contact details (including your address, email address, mobile telephone number, current school/college/training provider, GCSE school attended)
- Your personal details (including your ethnicity, disability status, free school meal/ pupil premium/education bursary eligibility, looked after children, estranged, independent living, young adult carer and refugee status, and we and HEAT use your postcode to check your eligibility for Widening Participation support)
- Your parents’ or carers’ experience of higher education
- Details of your current A-level subjects being studied, and confirmation of GCSE results obtained
- Details of which year you plan to enter higher education, and intended subject of study.
Why are we collecting your data?
- To assess eligibility of students applying to the programme.
How we will use this data?
- To score each individual students application to the programme
- To determine eligibility of applicants by matching data to external datasets, namely Department for Education School Performance tables, and POLAR4
- Track future outcomes of programme participants, including applications to Higher Education Institutions
- Monitor and evaluate the programme and its impact
- Produce statistics, including event application and participation numbers, and participant outcomes
- Contact students with the outcome of their application
- Contact successful applicants throughout the duration of the programme with relevant information about the programme.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
The legal basis which the University of Leicester is relying upon for the processing of your personal data is Consent. Where special category data will be processed the legal bases for doing so will on explicit consent.
If we are sharing your data with others who are we sharing it with?
University of Durham, the Palatine Centre, Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
All data from application form, except status of being a young carer, and status of being from a defined priority engagement group i.e. refugee status.
London Mathematical Society, De Morgan House, 57-58 Russell Square, London, WC1B 4HS
First name, surname, email address.
Higher Education Access Tracker (HEAT)
All data is shared with HEAT.
How long we will process your data for?
We will keep data obtained from the application form until 30 November 2023.
In order to conduct long-term evaluation, tracking and research about access to Higher Education, and in relation to certain events/initiatives you attend requiring a HEAT application, we will retain your personal information as follows:
- Until the end of the academic year in which you reach the age of 30, or
- If you enter Higher Education within this time, until 15 years after you graduate
After these periods, any personal information will be removed from our records, but we may continue to retain and process your information in an anonymised form. This will be for the purposes of reporting. Once your data is anonymised, it is no longer personal data for the purposes of UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
What are your rights and how to enforce them?
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
How to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted on:
- Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
- +44 (0)303 123 1113
- ICO website