Policies and reports
Our policies help us to ensure we maintain a high quality service and that being a member of our nursery is an enjoyable and beneficial experience for you and your child.
We are also expected to adhere to OFSTED Statutory requirements and incorporate these into our policies.
The University of Leicester Nursery has a duty under law to help safeguard children against suspected or actual ‘significant ‘harm. All staff will report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead (or Deputies) and these will be always be recorded. Concerns may be reported to the appropriate authority if necessary. We are required to have a Designated Lead on duty during opening times and this is highlighted on our weekly staff rota.
Any policies in the list are available on request using the contact details on this page.
- Access to Information
- Adverse Weather Conditions
- Allegations Against a Member of Staff
- Animals in Nursery
- Arrival & Departure Attendance
- Behaviour Management
- British Values and Prevent
- Cameras, Videos, Computer and Mobile Phones
- Equal Opportunities (university)
- First Aid & Accidents
- Food and Drink
- Key Person
- Lost or Uncollected Child
- Manual Handling
- Nappy Changing
- Outings & Outdoor Play
- On Site Nursery Emergency Closure
- Partnership with Parents
- Records held in Nursery
- Safeguarding Children
- S.E.N (Special Educational Needs)
- Separated Parents
- Settling in
- Staff Training and Development
- Sun Safety
- Toilet Training
- Waiting List