About and applying
The University of Leicester Nursery caters for children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years and is only open to University of Leicester staff, students and their partners.
We are registered with and inspected by OFSTED and deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum framework. There are separate and shared facilities for babies under 2 years and for toddlers between 2 and 4 years old.
The open plan room has designated areas for babies under 2 years old and for children over 2 with appropriate facilities for each group. We can accommodate up to 9 babies and 12 older children.
- Complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand it in to us in person.
- Include on the form a date of birth or expected date, a nursery start date and the days and sessions you require.
- You must book a minimum of two sessions to start as this will help ease your child into the new environment.
The nursery is located next door to - and accessed via - Danielle Brown Sports Centre on Wyggeston Drive (Entrance 1).
- We are open from 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday for 51 weeks a year.
- We are only closed on bank holidays, from 25 December to 1 January, and six days for the Easter bank holidays from Thursday to Tuesday through Good Friday and bank holiday Monday each year.
- Full day - 8.00-18.00 - £47.00 per day
- Mornings 8.00-13.00 - £30.50 per session
- Afternoon 13.00-18.00 - £28.50 per session
- There is a £150 deposit and £50 admin fee, usually deducted from your first monthly invoice
Government help and free childcare
Find out what you're entitled to at Childcare Choices.
Tax credits are available from the HM Revenue and Customs. Check the GOV.UK website for further information and eligibility.
Tax free childcare
Working parents with children under 12, or under 17 for disabled children, can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2 up to £2,000 per child per year, or £4,000 per disabled child.
Free childcare for 2-year-olds
Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you receive other forms of support. Check Childcare Choices for more.
Free childcare for 3 and 4-year-olds
Every child aged 3-4 years old in England is entitled to 15 hours of free childcare per week for 38 weeks per year. This can be increased to 30 hours based upon certain criteria. Find out more at Childcare Choices.