The objective of the endowment is to provide funds to promote judgment and decision making research and to encourage the continuance of such research in the School of Psychology by providing support for research in this field. The funds may be spent on research assistance, post graduate studentships, graduate teaching assistants, subject or participant payments, publication costs, travel to publicise research findings, or other research requirements, but only in the area of judgment and decision making and not on any other research area.
Applications for funding outlining the proposed research and costs must sent to the head of the School of Psychology Judgment and Decision Making research group (currently Dr Briony Pulford), from whom the application form can be obtained, six to twelve months prior to the ending of any currently supported research project(s) for consideration by the academic staff of the group. When an application for funding is received, the head of the Judgment and Decision Making research group at his or her absolute discretion will establish a suitable procedure, including consultation outside the group if required, to decide whether or not to fund the proposed research.
The funds do not need to spent every year but must never remain unspent for more than three consecutive years, and if at any time there is no suitable research in judgment and decision making taking place in the School of Psychology at the University of Leicester, then the funds should be spent in collaboration with another university, to which end information about the endowment shall be advertised and/or circulated to appropriate psychology departments at other universities and used to support research in judgment and decision making at those locations until such time as it can support research in judgment and decision making in the School of Psychology at the University of Leicester.
- Pulford, B.D., Colman, A.M., Frosch, C.A. & Krockow, E.M. (2021-2024) £63,811 (£319,389 FEC) awarded by the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Endowment to study ‘Communication, deception, and iterated decisions under bounded rationality’
- The inaugural award from the Endowment was £100,000, awarded to B. D. Pulford and A. M. Colman to study “Coordination, Judgment, and Decision Making”, starting on 01 October 2011, ending 30 September 2016 (Ref: RM43G0176). End-of-grant report
- Pulford, B.D., Colman, A.M. and Frosch, C.A. (2016-2018) £26,039 (£134,293 FEC) awarded by the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Endowment to study ‘Comparisons, Confidence, and Causality in Decision Making’. (Ref: RM56J0001) End-of-grant report
- Pulford, B.D., Colman, A.M. and Frosch, C.A. (2016-2021) £10,000 awarded by the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Endowment to fund the ‘LJDME Sluckin Studentship Award’.
- Pulford, B.D., Colman, A.M., and Frosch, C.A. (2019-2021) £39,064 (£214,045 FEC) awarded by the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Endowment to study ‘Confidence and Reasoning in Decisions and Games’.
- Pulford, A. M. Colman and C. A. Frosch (2019-2024) £44,795 awarded by the Leicester Judgment and Decision Making Endowment for the ‘LJDME Intern Programme’.