Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
The University of Leicester has been awarded three scholarships for students who start our MA in Heritage and Interpretation by distance learning in October 2019.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for individuals to study for a UK Masters degree while remaining in their home country. The scheme is administered through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
The scholarship covers course fees, course materials and attendance/travel for any formal study events. Exact details to be confirmed.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of, or be granted refugee status from, an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. (A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.)
Eligible Commonwealth countries
||Papua New Guinea
Applications are now closed.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, please contact our distance learning team firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university (we also have scholarships available for our MA in Archaeology and Heritage), but you may only accept one offer of a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship.
In your personal statement (completed as part of the application form) please include your response to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen the University of Leicester and this particular course?
- What are your ambitions for the future and how would the Commonwealth Scholarship help you to achieve these ambitions?
Once we have received your completed application for your course (with all supporting documents) we will aim to contact you regarding your application within five working days. If we make you an offer, that will be for the course, not the scholarship.
All candidates must hold an unconditional offer to study for the relevant courses. The CSC will make decisions on the proposed candidates during May 2019 and we will advise successful candidates in June 2019.
Please note that successful applicants will be awarded a full fee waiver and therefore information on payment will be outlined in future correspondence.