Dissertation (Media and Communication)
Module code: MS3007
Module co-ordinator: Dr Paul Reilly
Your dissertation is your chance to:
- Choose a topic that interests you and research it in depth.
- Identify a specific problem to address.
- Select an appropriate methodology or methodologies in order to address this issue.
- Organise your research and write up your findings and conclusions in a clear and effective manner.
You will be allocated a dissertation tutor to help with your project, guiding you through all aspects of this work and assisting you in coping with any problems that may arise.
This is an opportunity to work closely with an academic and to benefit from their extensive research expertise and experience. You will be encouraged to be proactive, taking ownership of your project, and will receive feedback on your work via face-to-face meetings and email. For these reasons dissertation work can be extremely rewarding for both supervisor and student.
- Three two-hour workshops
- Guided independent learning with supervisor
- Dissertation, 15,000 words (+/- 10%)