Learning and Professional Development Portfolio
Module code: MN7708
Module coordinator: Dr Olga Suhomlinova
In this module you will collate and present a learning and professional development portfolio, i.e. a structured collection of evidence, reflection and critical analysis, which supports and documents your learning and development towards the intended learning outcomes of the programme.
Specific items for the portfolio will come from your work in the first four modules (the three core modules and your option module) and your engagement in the Career Management and Development Programme.
Working on the portfolio will help you to record, reflect on and take responsibility for managing your learning and professional development and engage with the feedback from peers and tutors. It will also help you develop the skills of discussing and evidencing your competencies to substantiate your CV, job application, selection interview or performance appraisal review. The portfolio will contribute to your career management and your development as a life-long learner.
- Managerial/transferrable skills of reflective thinking
- Performance management
- Career management and life-long learning
There is no specific time commitment associated with this module, as the module is non-credit-bearing.
The time to produce and collate the portfolio items is incorporated in the guided independent study time of the first four modules of the programme.
- Learning and professional development portfolio Part 1 (25%)
- Learning and professional development portfolio Part 2 (25%)
- Learning and professional development portfolio Part 3 (25%)
- Learning and professional development portfolio Part 4 (25%)