Academic Skills and Knowledge
Module code: MN7600
Module co-ordinator: Dr Richard Godfrey
This formative assessment module introduces you to the virtual learning environment and shows you how to effectively utilise this during your course. It assesses different approaches to learning and helps you to apply these to your own learning experience. Introducing different methods of note taking and methods of critique, it allows you to identify the best approach for you to get the most out of your studies so that you can tackle the assessments with confidence and flair.
- Quantitative awareness to enable the analysis and understanding of quantitatively oriented publications.
- How ontological and epistemological commitments inform and influence the production of 'knowledge' in your specialist field to enable appropriate self-reflection.
- Teamwork to experience and reflect upon the associated issues, especially diversity.
- Different educational cultures across the world.
- Two hours of lectures
- Two hours of tutorials
- 36 hours of guided independent study
Portfolio of Exercises (unassessed)