The Business Environment
Module code: MN7564
Module co-ordinator: Mark Burridge
The aim of this module is to provide a thorough understanding of the environment in which businesses operate. It examines the effects of both domestic and international factors on the business organization as well as highlighting the impact of business processes on this environment.
At the end of the module students will be able to:
- Identify the major external influences on business organizations
- Recognize the impact of business on the wider environment
- Construct models and frameworks examining these interactions
- Analyse the competitive environment in which organizations operate
- Identify and discuss alternative strategic orientations of the firm
- Evaluate empirical work that looks at business performance
This module provides you with knowledge on the roles of effective managers; strategy and organisations’ search for added value; managing the value chain; operations and quality; vision; mission; PEST; SWOT; stakeholder analysis.
- 5 one-hour lectures
- Exam, two hours (100%)