Module code: MN7549
Module co-ordinator: Dr Ai-Ling Lai
This module will introduce both the theory and practice of marketing research. In particular it will provide students with a thorough understanding of different approaches to marketing research; an ability to demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative research methods; to be knowledgeable and critical about the tools available to analyse quantitative and qualitative information; to be able to design and undertake marketing research; and to be able to analyse problems and identify opportunities to demonstrate how marketing research is applied in the business world.
- Defining marketing research.
- Achieving business success through marketing research.
- Marketing research and managerial decision-making.
- Collecting information to improve managerial decision-making.
- Marketing research projects, marketing information systems and decision support systems.
- Marketing research process.
- Opportunities in the marketing research industry.
113 hours of guided independent study
Essay Assignment (100%)