Principles and Practices of Marketing
Module code: MN7546
Module co-ordinator: Professor James Fitchett
This module will enable you to become familiar with the principles and practices of marketing. Emphasis is given to the long-term or strategic dimension of the senior executive’s tasks and it will also consider the relationship between theory and practice; encouraging students to question the dominant approaches to the subject area.
- The role of marketing and a customer orientation in contributing to organisational ability to deliver customer value.
- The nature and impact that external and internal factors have on the design and operation of marketing strategies.
- The management of marketing, operations and the supply chain to enable delivery of value to the customer.
- Marketing methods and frameworks for improving marketing performance with a focus on understanding customers.
- The role of morality in the management of marketing.
113 hours of guided independent study
Essay Assignment (100%)