Financial Risk Management
Module code: MN7527
Module co-ordinator: Dr Sandro Sozzo
This module provides an overview of risk management, forward and future markets, the Capital Asset Pricing Model and Arbitrage Pricing Theory, swaps, options and corporate finance, warrants and convertibles, risk management strategy, interest rate risk and security design.
At the end of this module students will:
- Understand the nature of financial risks.
- Understand the trading rules for financial derivatives.
- Understand how financial derivatives can help to hedge financial risks.
- Have the ability to evaluate alternative methods available and their shortcomings in hedging.
- Have the ability to take decisions on whether or not to hedge a particular financial risk.
- Risk management
- Forward and future markets
- Capital Asset Pricing Model
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Options and corporate finance
- Warrants and convertibles
- Risk management strategy
- Interest rate risk
- Security design
113 hours of guided independent study
Two-hour exam (100%)