Accounting for Managers
Module code: MN7516
Module co-ordinator: Professor Yuval Millo
This module will enable you to become familiar with the key financial reporting documents, the type of information they contain, and the potential users and uses of that information. It also instils an ability to analyse and interpret the information within financial reports in the context of the existing regulatory framework of accounting and relevant accounting theory.
- Financial reporting documents, the information they contain and the potential users and uses of that information.
- Analyse and interpret financial reports in the context of the existing regulatory framework of accounting and relevant accounting theory.
- Accounting issues, particularly with respect to contemporary issues surrounding communication, agency and control.
- Accounting and financial information use for decision-making and planning, including limitations of such information.
- Political context of accounting decisions, policy choices and representations both within organisations and in external publications.
- Accounting information systems and their role in the management of organisations.
- Six hours of lectures
- Six hours of tutorials
- 101 hours of guided independent study
Two-hour exam (100%)