Introduction to Translating
Module code: ML1002
Module co-ordinator: TBC
This module will introduce students to key issues and theoretical concepts involved in translation. They will learn to relate key theoretical concepts to their own critical reflection of translation practice.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module students should be able to:
- Discuss key issues and concepts involved in translation
- Reflect on translation practice
- Demonstrate presentation skills
- Demonstrate team-working skills
- 5 hours of lectures
- 5 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 90 hours of guided independent study
This module is designed to promote independent learning and autonomy through directed reading, practice, and learning logs. Students will be required to attend weekly lectures and seminars and to record their learning in a diary-style learning log. Formative individual and group translation exercises will encourage them to reflect on the practice and the translation issues introduced.
- Group presentation, 20 minutes (50%)
- Learning log, 1,500 words (50%)