Industrial Relations in a Changing Economy
Module code: LM3504
Module co-ordinator: Dr Glynne Williams
This module provides students with an understanding of what is meant by an organisation and the context within which learning is provided to its members. It introduces students to the theory and practice of management within the organisation, and considers the emerging importance of leadership, HRM, and how the two functions are interrelated in modern organisations. Finally, it introduces the concept of the learning organisation and shows how organisations can achieve collective and continuous learning.
- IR and HRM perspectives on the employment relationship
- The concept of 'partnership'
- Trade union involvement in skills development
- The concept of 'employability' in the context of changing trade union strategy
- 150 hours of guided independent study
- 3,000-4,000-word essay (100%)