Module code: HA3478
Module co-ordinator: Dr Claire Jenkins
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of this module students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of debates surrounding the aesthetics, reception and politics of British and American TV drama, and the relationship between the two.
- Analyse and discuss contemporary television drama within a wider disciplinary and socio-historical discourse.
- Identify original and significant areas for study within the field of contemporary television and to situate their own work within these.
They will develop transferable skills including: written and oral communication, time management and work-planning, outlining and responding to research objectives.
Teaching and Learning Methods
Lectures (including screenings), seminars, guided reading and viewing, and independent study.
- Research Proposal (summary of critical debates) 2,000 words (50%)
- Research Essay 3,000 (50%)