Contemporary Hollywood Cinema
Module code: HA2432
Module co-ordinator: Dr Claire Jenkins
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of debates concerning contemporary Hollywood in terms of industry and genres
- Discuss Hollywood cinema within a wider historical and social context
- Demonstrate an ability to 'read' film using textual analysis
- Analyse films by applying existing scholarships to contemporary examples
They will develop transferable skills including: written and oral communication, IT skills and website building, time management and work-planning.
Teaching and Learning Methods
Lectures (including screenings), seminars, guided reading and viewing, independent study.
- Film review (website) 2500 words (50%)
- Essay 2500 words (50%)