Final Year Writing and Reading
Module code: FR3111
Module co-ordinator: Dr Marion Krauthaker
This module will develop your skills in reading and understanding complex structures and registers in French. By the end of the module, you'll have developed...
- Advanced skills in translation into English
- Advanced skills in résumé in French
- Advanced skills in the construction of written texts in French in a variety of registers
This module includes practical language classes, practical analytical tasks, and independent learning tasks.
- 40 hours of practical classes and workshops
- 35 hours of guided independent study
Continuous assessment (40%)
- Translation (French to English, in exam conditions, with dictionary)
- Rédaction in French
- Résumé (French to English, in exam conditions, with dictionary)
- Paper 1: Résumé (French > French) and Rédaction in response to a text, 3 hours
- Paper 2: Translation into English, 1½ hours
Dictionaries will not be allowed during the exam.