Modern French Language (Post-Advanced)
Module code: FR2010
Module co-ordinator: Dr Michelle Harrison
In this module, you will consolidate your language skills and extend your linguistic range through a diverse set of speaking and writing activities. You'll learn how to construct an argument in written and spoken French as well as how to discuss topics of general and current interest in French (travaux pratiques). You'll also develop your skills in résumé and in translation from French to English (langue écrite).
You are also required to watch the French TV news online at least once a week. Reporting back on the news is built into the assessment for this module.
- 60 hours of seminars
- 140 hours of guided independent study
Langue écrite and travaux pratiques are equally weighted in the assessment of this module.
- Continuous assessment: reading and writing (30%)
- Continuous assessment: listening and speaking (20%)
- Oral exam, 15 minutes (20%)
- Written exam, 2½ hours (30%)