Management in ELT
Module code: EN7511
Module co-ordinator: Dr Jim Askham
In this option module, we will consider major aspects of management in ELT. The roles and qualities of the successful manager are considered, as are issues relevant to the management of people, resources and effective organizational change.
- The role of the manager in ELT contexts
- Key issues involved in managing people, resources and change
- Marketing and finance in ELT
- The management of a variety of academic programmes
150 hours over 20 weeks to include:
- reading course materials; reading, watching and listening to required and recommended resources
- engaging in online module activities/discussion forum
- independent study
- writing the module assignment
- Written assignment, 3,000 words (100%)
- You can combine the assessment for this module and another option module (to be approved by your course tutor) into a 6,000-word project.