Developing Leadership in Education
Module codes: ED7620, ED7621
Module co-ordinator: Dr Wei Zhang
This option is intended for teaching and learning practitioners at all levels who seek to deepen their understanding and knowledge of leadership to inform practice in educational contexts.
This module is an opportunity to critically analyse practices and values relating to educational leadership, learning and change in different contexts through professional dialogues, theory, reflective practice and research inquiry.
We recommend that you have a minimum of two years of teaching experience but if you are interested in taking this module during your second year of teaching, you are welcome to consult the module co-ordinator for advice prior to application.
- The conceptualisations of both leadership and management as well as divergence between both concepts
- Leadership and school performance
- Leading and managing change
- School culture
- School as a learning community
- Leadership for learning: communities and teacher leadership
- Leading in partnerships and networks
- Leadership development
- Online support through active use of Blackboard, the University’s virtual learning environment
- The support of a personal tutor
- Self-directed study
- Collaboration in a Lesson Study cycle with at least one other colleague in your school/college
- Literature review around your chosen research focus
- Presentation of your ongoing inquiry project
- Reflective report of your learning journey across the course
- Research report of your inquiry project