External Influences on Educational Leadership
Module code: ED7587
Module coordinator: Dr Alison Taysum
In this module you will consider external influences on educational leadership such as policy contexts, social justice and agency. The literature used will relate to working and learning within diverse educational settings globally. You will also be introduced to the methodological frameworks that underpin empirical work in the field of leadership, learning, and change.
This module is designed to increase your understanding of how your institution and local inquiry fit within wider contexts and discourses. Online activities will enable you to discuss issues with your peers internationally.
- Policy and how it relates to theory and practice
- The ways that external influences shape the development of policy, theory, and practice
- Frameworks for examining cultural and economic structures and systems
- 15 one-hour seminars
- Reflective journal: 1,000 words (20%)
- Assignment: 4,000-5,000 words (80%)