Second Language Teaching
Module code: ED7521
Module co-ordinator: to be confirmed
In this module you will study aspects of English Language Teaching (ELT) methodology and theories of language learning. We will examine the principles underlying a wide range of approaches and techniques for the teaching and learning of language, as well as theories of how languages are acquired. You will have the opportunity to relate these to your own professional context.
- Current issues in English Language Teaching
- Theories and applications in skills teaching
- Methods and approaches
- Learning strategies and learner autonomy
- Learner variables
- Psycholinguistic perspectives
- Models of second language acquisition
- How classroom language learning is achieved
This module is studied by distance learning.