Language, Discourse and Society
Module code: ED7504
Module co-ordinator: Dr Pamela Rogerson-Revell
In this module you will explore how language and society interrelate. You will study a range of contemporary sociolinguistic issues and learn about approaches and techniques for collecting, analysing, and interpreting discourse.
- Language variation
- Gender and language
- Language policy and planning
- Dialect study
- Conversation management and meaning
- Critical discourse perspectives
- Professional and classroom discourse
This module is studied by distance learning.
- Written assignment, either 6,000 words or 2 x 3,000 words (100%)