Promoting Language Development
Module code: ED7124
Module co-ordinator: to be confirmed
Are you interested in extending your understanding of children's language and communication development in the early years and beyond? Are you looking for ways to enrich the communication environment for children in your specific educational setting? This practical and relevant module will help you find ways of making learning even more enjoyable for the children and families you work with.
You will gain a sound understanding of children's typical language development in the early years and learn how to respond confidently to speech, language, and communication issues that can arise in various educational settings. We will critically evaluate existing procedures and resources and look at ways of creating original and innovative approaches to facilitating children's language development.
- Several taught days across the year(dates TBC)
- Self-directed study
- Blackboard, the University's virtual learning environment
- Analysis of talk and strategies to promote language development
- Critical evaluation of an academic article and an educational resource
- Research report on a language intervention