Principles of Finance
Module code: EC2022
Module co-ordinator: Dr Andre Stenzel
- What should you look out for when deciding on which type of bank account to open? How can you compare different accounts with different contract features?
- How often should you replace your car?
- How do firms choose between multiple investment opportunities?
In this module you will learn techniques which help with decisions such as these. These techniques are useful both in the context of business decisions faced by firms, and personal decisions faced by everyone. We will study mathematical tools which inform our decision-making process, and learn which of these tools to use under which circumstances.
- Introduction to corporate finance and corporate governance
- Appraisal of cash-flows and investments
- Project and investment choice
- Efficiency of financial markets, bubbles and crashes
22 one-hour lectures
7 one-hour seminars
- Coursework x 2 (10% + 10%)
- Exam, 2 hours (80%)