Developing Skills for Managing Security
Module code: CR1514
Module co-ordinator: Tracey Dodman
In order to perform effectively as a security manager and promote individual, institutional and corporate interests, you will need to understand the communication process and how to use appropriate communication skills. Through a series of reflective tasks, in this module we will explore key aspects of the communication process, beginning with the basic principles which underlie effective communication, and will then evaluate different modes of communication.
- Professional development: reflecting and planning
- Communication: the basics
- Communication within organisations
- Preparing and delivering presentations
This module is studied by distance learning.
- Powerpoint or poster presentation (40%)
- Portfolio, 1,000 words (60%)