Research Methodology 1
Module code: CH7051
Module co-ordinator: Professor Eric Hope
In this module you will gain experience in the techniques and skills that are important in order to carry out chemical research, including planning, organisation and record keeping, literature searching, practical laboratory skills, data analysis, report writing, oral presentation and team work.
- Advanced experimental procedures.
- Purification and analysis of chemical products using a variety of methods.
- Effective time management
- Writing comprehensive scientific reports for a scientific audience.
- Assessment of safety issues.
- 132 hours of practicals
- Practical (80%)
- Exercises (20%)