Preparing for Practice
Module code: AE1114
Module co-ordinator: Mary Graham
This module will make you fully aware of the professional and legal responsibilities of using counselling or counselling skills, and will enable you to recognise the limits of your current competence. We will also discuss routes into professional practice as a counsellor and the role of the BACXP, the sector's professional association.
- Do I want to be a counsellor?
- Employment and voluntary opportunities
- BACP Ethical Framework
- Assessment and risk
- Using supervision
- Understanding the requirements of placements (mini research project)
- 5 one-hour lectures
- 10 one-hour seminars
- 15 one-hour classes and workshops
- 1 one-hour tutorial
- Learning journal, 1,000 words (30%)
- Research project, 3,000 words (70%)