Law of Evidence
Module code: LW3420 (double module)
When studying this module you'll examine the rules that regulate the admissibility of evidence in a criminal or civil trial. Rules of evidence occupy a central role in the protection of a defendant's human rights within the criminal justice system, and by applying these rules to fictional problems, you'll identify areas where the current rules are inadequate.
- The burden and standard of proof
- Confessions and inferences from the accused’s silence
- The questioning of witnesses and special measures for vulnerable and intimidated witnesses
- Evidence of character
- Identification evidence
- Illegally and improperly obtained evidence
- Hearsay evidence
- Expert evidence
- Not available to Semester only Visiting Students.