Module code: LW3320
The formation, operation and dissolution of companies are subject to legal and extra-legal controls. Company law investigates such notions as limited liability, share capital and companies' ‘legal personality’. It explores the relationship between directors and shareholders, creditors and the company, and investors and the company.
Throughout the module you’ll learn about:
- The nature of companies in legal and economic terms
- Distribution of power within the company
- Directors, their positions and responsibilities
- Relationships between various groups, with an interest in the affairs of the company
- The company’s ability to make legally binding contracts, and how they are financed
- Fundamental rules governing takeovers and mergers
- Critically examining the system, and suggesting proposals for reform
- Not available to semester only visiting students.