Strategic Financial Management
Module code: MN7541
This module is designed to consider corporate strategy, strategic investment decisions and the underlying financial management issues relevant to these decisions. Throughout this module key financial inputs to strategic formulation and implementation will be explored. This module will focus on strategies for growth and in particular on capital investment and merger and acquisition activity. The module will deal with practical decision-making issues faced by managers in organization of different types. Furthermore, issues will be dealt with both from a theoretical economics-based viewpoint and from a social perspective, which will recognize the behavioural aspects of organizations and their processes.
- Measuring and managing risk inherent in strategic decisions.
- Theories of strategy.
- Analysing investment and appraisal techniques.
- Descriptive statistics to calculate risk and uncertainty.
- Capital Asset Pricing Model both in theory and practice.
- Methods to value a company.
- Alternative strategies for growth.