Module code: MD7526
This module is designed to guide you through planning, conducting and writing a dissertation project. We have designed the module materials to allow you to study at your own pace but with a structure to enable you to meet time lines to ensure the dissertation is completed on time.
The dissertation provides the opportunity for you to complete a project with academic supervision and to demonstrate the knowledge and experience acquired during your taught modules.
- Completion of a supervised research project, applying the knowledge from taught modules
- A 12000 - 15,000 word written dissertation
- A focused literature review
- Defining an answerable research question
- Selection of appropriate methods of enquiry
- Explanation of the need for ethical and governance approval
- Demonstration of a rigorous and organised approach to data collection
- Interpretation and critical appraisal of the data collected
- Interpretation of new findings in the context of existing literature
- Recommendations for application of findings, implications for practice and topics for further research