The Global Context of Human Resource Development and Human Resource Management
Module code: LM7606
This module provides an overview of changes in the world economy brought about by globalisation. It considers the ways in which these changes have impacted on the organisation of production and employment in different societies and identifies the issues for HRM and HRD.
- Changes in the world economy associated with globalisation
- The role of international capital, labour and international institutions in the contemporary world economy, and their impact upon employment policy and practice
- The role of HRM within multinational corporations
- The impact of globalisation on national systems of HRD
- Responses to the pressures brought about by globalisatio