Technology Enhanced Language Learning
Module code: EN7516
Although there is still currently a wide difference in access to and uptake of technology in education, both within the UK and from country to country, the use of technology in learning and teaching is developing rapidly, not only in language learning but across the curriculum in general.
This general move towards ‘e- learning’ means that, even if teachers are not yet in a position to use technology in the classroom immediately, an understanding of their potential and how to integrate them effectively into language learning is an important aspect of teacher development. This module therefore aims to help language teachers move more confidently in the direction of using technology to enhance their students’ language learning experiences.
- Introduction to TELL
- Technology in language learning and teaching
- Selecting and evaluating TELL materials
- Creating TELL activities
- Integrating TELL in teaching reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary
- Integrating TELL in teaching speaking, listening and pronunciation
- Current debates and future directions