Challenges in Media, Gender, and Social Justice
Module code: MS7014
There are currently a range of core issues in media and gender - in this module you will examine perspectives on direct action in relation to these issues, with an emphasis on intersectional, interdisciplinary and international approaches. Working collaboratively with a team, you will research and present a social justice problem and potential media-based strategies to address it in both oral and written form.
You will also get the opportunity to work independently, as you research and communicate analysis derived from appropriate secondary sources related to a specific activism campaign.
- Social change
- State and institutional power
- Structure and agency
- Mobilisation and activism
- 22 hours of lectures
- 11 hours of seminars
- 7 hours of project supervision
- 260 hours of guided independent study
- Response to case study, 500 words (10%)
- Group report, 1,000 words (25%)
- Group presentation, 30 minutes (25%)
- Final research essay, 2,000 words (40%)