Module code: MN7401
The study of organisational behaviour provides an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in organisations and what impact organisations have on people’s behaviour. In this module, you’ll look at theories, models and practices as applied to a variety of work contexts. You'll explore their usefulness in relation to organisational behaviour. You'll have the opportunity to apply theory to your leadership style and to combine these into a considered and practical approach.
- Is how people behave in organisations historically changeable or constant?
- How can we understand team working today, identifying both positive views and critical perspectives?
- Does being a man or a woman make a difference to work and career prospects?
- Why do we have such a fascination with the performance of leadership or power and the management of culture and emotions?
- Why might your future work lack the forms of labour-related security that people enjoyed last century?
- 20 hours of lectures
- 6 hours of seminars
- 124 hours of independent study
- Assignment, 3,000 words (100%)